Glenwood Springs is getting a new bridge! While this is exciting for our community, it is causing construction delays. If you are coming to Ironbridge from Hwy. 70 in the morning rush hour, please know that traffic delays along the detour route can be an hour or more. Typically, after the early morning rush is over, delays through town are minimal – just stay on the detour route.
If you’re leaving Ironbridge during the evening commute, you may experience long delays to get through Glenwood Springs as well.
Directions to Ironbridge
From Glenwood Springs:
- Take 82 south.
- Pass McDonald’s and turn right at the stoplight at the 5-mile marker – County Road 109
- Proceed to stop sign and turn right at the old iron bridge (our namesake).
- Follow the signs to Ironbridge which is on your left.
- Follow Hwy 82 north toward Glenwood Springs.
- Take left at the first light past Aspen Glen. (Thunder River Market will be on your right).
- Proceed until you come to the old iron bridge (our namesake).
- Left at the stop sign on to County Road 109
- Follow the signs to Ironbridge.